tisdag 22 september 2009

Innis & Gunn Rum Cask

Innis & Gunn introduced 2007 a ale finished in barrels which previosly contained rum - Rum Cask!

Well this is bottle that have been laying for over two years I'm reviewing and I've 7 or 8 more of them laying around. A lot of people seemed to dislike this brew, with the motivation too sweet, to strange...

Well, it's a odd brew. The fact remains - I like sweeter ales and I'm fan of rum! A perfect drink for me?

Eye: Dark brown/redish in color.

Nose: Dried fruits, light spicies, some oak and leather.

Taste: Sweeter then the average beer, but what to expect from ale aged in rum caskes? A lot of taste, but the body ain't that heavy. Still I taste dried fruits, some wood and a rum taste. The carbonation is medium, still maybe a little to much for my taste.

Aftertaste: At the end a lot happens! A heavy, spicy taste. It's oak, fruits, sweet, leather and also some associations to old cellar/cigar-like taste that some rums have. But in this case it's not too much. It mixes good with the rest! This is nice!

Fits really good to food that are a little more heavy. Not sweet chili-kind of spicy but dark & wild meat for example.

I also belive that the Innis & Gunn Rum Cask has aged really good during those 2 years in the cellar. A lot of taste, but still really smooth. Still! Remember that this is a odd brew and not for everyone ;)

Grade:
8/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar